Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lobster anyone?

I would just like to share the fact that, I, while sitting here in my apartment gazing out at the snow covered world, am experiencing the discomfort of sunburn.

YES SUNBURN.

Yesterday I arrived at the dentists 20 minutes early, and so to kill the time, I decided that the tanning salon next door would be a great way to get a bit of colour before I am subjected to the bright stage lights this weekend. (ahhh the play starts in 3 days!) As I hadn't been in the sun since.......summertime, the lady put me in for the minimum time allowance: six minutes. For six minutes I stood in a "sun shower" feeling warm breezes and California like sunshine warming my skin. Delicious!I stepped outside into the cold Toronto afternoon and wandered over to the dentists office, feeling quite pleased with myself for such effective time management.

It is now 24 hours later, I am bright pink and I sting all over.
I am ridiculous.

9 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Hannah!

Oh dear.

I can't understand how this happened to you! Not even I burn after 6 minutes in a tanning salon and I'm about as white as they get.

I have aloe vera left over from the summer. Maybe I'll have to loan it to you...

10:39 p.m.  
Blogger Kyle Turner said...

I say, you must have been really pale. But to this I can relate. Not the winter time sunburn, just the being fair skinned (it sounds better than pale). That's double whammy though, sunburn and dentist attack. That's truly a case of bad luck.

3:27 a.m.  
Blogger Smash said...

You are very cute.
Also brave.
I'd never get up the nerve to go in one of those suntanning thingies, and I'd never even considered the risk of sunburn! Yikes!
Hope you're evening out to a nice toasty colour!
xoxo
Ashley.

4:33 a.m.  
Blogger Amie said...

Hannah, what kind of wattage were those bulbs?????? 220 watt is the highest I have heard off and I've done that for 6 min and I am so much paler than you!!! Moisturise...lots!!!!!

2:02 p.m.  
Blogger Shannon said...

hehehe they have some crazy tanning beds! awww feel better soon!

4:58 p.m.  
Blogger Candice said...

Ha... one of my friends from university did almost the same thing... she said her face felt so stiff. She was concerned that people would think her red face is due to nervousness and embarrassment during her presentation that afternoon.

10:11 p.m.  
Blogger Hofman said...

HAHAHA...sucker!! That's hilarious - and it's what you get for being British [okay, that has no relevance but I felt like saying it]. Umm, funny because just today I was thinking I'd use some free tanning salon coupons I have before I leave London - I think I still will. I hope you don't peel and that it fades before the play!!!
Much love.
Elea

11:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jokes

lol

6 minutes can do that much!? thats intense! hopefully come the stage the lights the makeup and the time to heal will all make for a wonderfully toned hannah price


so....speaking about your comment on my myspace, seems youre actually in the hole to me, since ive left you a number of blognotes these past months ;P

hope your studying is going well :)

www.stabilomusic.com

5:33 a.m.  
Blogger Rue Wallace said...

Hahaha, the first thing I thought when I read that was, Sunburn... It's a little early for skiing.
Pale or red or otherwise, everyone did such a great job this weekend (except me!) It's been great working- I mean volunteering with you. Best of luck on your next show!

11:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home