Thursday, April 13, 2006

"A Day in the Life...."

Here is a picture that made my day. I think I may have mentioned on here before, how Tracey and I spent the last 8 months working hard on a DVD of Zambia footage that we took last May. The main project was a 20 minute documentary entitled "A Day in the Life of a Zambian Orphan." The orphan that we focused on was Nicholas Mubamba, who is sitting in the middle of the picture in the red shirt. We finally sent the finished copy to Zambia few weeks ago. This photo is of the main children who feature in the movie, watching themselves on the DVD for the first time! These kids barely ever look in mirrors, and hardly see photographs, and so to see themselves moving around on the screen is, as you can see, highly entertaining!! (They are sitting with John and Priya, who head up the orphan program at Isubilo.) Suddenly, all those countless hours of video editing, losing and corrupting files, and fighting with the computer were all worth it, just for the look on their faces. Priceless.

PS: I just wanted to to say how much I appreciate the people who read this blog and leave encouraging comments. I really am encouraged! Thank you for taking the time to do that, especially when I write something so long..;) It's such a blessing, and I especially love hearing from Capernwray people on here!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome Hannah! You can see joy in their faces! I love their smiles!!! All your work definately paid off!!
You're great!

8:29 p.m.  
Blogger Alex Simpson said...

That's Awesome Hannah! It was great of you to go down to Zambia to work with the kids! They look so happy!!


(P.S. Yup, this is Krista's Brother, i have a blog too!
www.mediafly.blogspot.com)

10:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahay hp sauce- well done for finishing your project! I am such a 'starter' of things but always need someone to kick me in the butt to finish (sigh)
I reckon after i have my theatre MA we should join an African travelling theatre troupe...
you arrive in England the time my dissertation has to be in- doh! hopefully I will still get to see you though xxx love you forever

7:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,
I felt the same when I received this photo. Oh the joy in the children's faces. Worth every minute of photo editing. Personally, I LOVE reading your blog, I try to journal as much as I can, but think this idea of sharing is so much more rewarding.
Keep it up, I'm a fan!
Love you, Tracey xox

7:54 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

20151024 junda
ugg boots sale
michael kors outlet online
canada goose jackets
Canada Goose,Canada Goose Outlet,Canada Goose Jackets,Canada Goose Sale
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale
Michael Kors Outlet Online No Tax
Louis Vuitton Luxury Official Website
Hollister Clothes for Girls Website
Jordan 13 Shoes For Sale
michael kors outlet
canada goose jackets
ray ban sunglasses
Michael Kors Outlet Free Shipping
louis vuitton outlet
true religion jeans
Wholesale Authentic Designer Handbags
michael kors
Michael Kors Outlet Real Handbags Online
Louis Vuitton Outlet USA
canada goose outlet
michael kors bags
canada goose outlet
fit flops
ugg boots
canada goose outlet
Coach Factory Outlet Private Sale
Michael Kors Outlet Deals Online
ralph lauren
ugg boots clearance
Coach Factory Outlet Online Sale
Gucci Outlet Online Sale
hollister clothing store
Ralph Lauren Outlet Clothing
Real Louis Vuitton Bags
Coach Outlet Store Online Shop

3:20 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

online outlet stores
coach outlets stores
michael kors handbags
2015 michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags on sale
michael kors bracelet
Discount Michael Kors
macys michael kors
lebron james shoes
lebron 12
nike air max 2015
nike air max 95
nike free 5.0 womens
nike free run 2015
christian louboutin boots
christian louboutin outlet
discount mbt Shoes
mbt canada
fitflop.com
fitflops shoes
Nike Kobe 9
Huaraches Nike
Red Bottom Shoes
christian louboutin shoes
jordans shoes
jordans 2016
jordan 11
jordans 2015

1:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home