Monday, May 08, 2006

Delectable

Today I went on a picnic with my friends Dylan and Tara. It was great, because I love sunshine. The best time to eat food is
1)Outside,
and 2)When you are really hungry.
We fulfilled both those criteria, so it was delicious.

I am back from England, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The only downside was that it was too short. The weather was even beautiful, and for those who have lived in the north of England, you know what a rarity that is! I will post some pictures soon, once my sister (who absentmindedly loses most things) finds the camera chord to upload pictures.

"We don't forget, thought Mma Ramotswe. Our heads may be small, but they are as full of memories as the sky may sometimes be full of swarming bees, thousands and thousands of memories, of smells, of places, of little things that happened to us and which come back, unexpectedly, to remind us who we are."

This quote is from a wonderful series I am reading, called "The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith. It's set in Africa and its great light summer reading. Anyway, after just being home in England, I completely relate to it, so I thought I'd stick it in.

(Another great book I just finished: C S Lewis, "Till We Have Faces.")

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome Home.
Come hang out sometime.

5:46 p.m.  
Blogger Candice said...

I think YOU'RE delectable! I sure do enjoy reading what you write. I've been a secret reader for some time now, and you've never known! :o) But you're very encouraging and a good reminder of just simply loving Jesus and living life in light of that. And I sure appreciate that I've had the chance to read your blogs.
Have a great week!

1:40 p.m.  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hannah! I'm so glad to read that you just finished Till We Have Faces - cuz it's AMAZING! Nobody's heard of it, but I seriously think it's Lewis' best. Hope you're having a great summer - I sure would like to visit the island sometime you're out there, but I doubt it will happen. Work is work and that's about all I can say. I'm jealous though.
All the best, sister.
ryan

5:38 p.m.  
Blogger Alex Simpson said...

Hope you had fun on your trip!
I hope your picnic was yummy! Did you get your summer already? I still have one more month!

9:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chachachacha...hope youre doing great!!!!
can i get your email????
*jenna

10:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hooked on The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency last summer! I brought a box of red bush tea to drink whilst I red them! I love it how we read the same things across the pond (paradise lost...)it makes you seem not so far away. It sucks that you are not going to come back to england for AGES. We should start our own detective agency when we are old- we can have adventures, be nodey AND get paid for it!
P.s Drew usually wins, but i whomped him today. Whomped.

2:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home