Sunday, September 10, 2006

Wake me up when September ends...

Highlights of the last 2 weeks:
1)Leadership training retreat; we got to hang out at Wasaga beach and I really enjoyed getting to know the team of 26 Tyndale student leaders.
2)Frosh Week: although exhausting, it was great to welcome in a bunch of new students to Tyndale and do a week of activities with them. There's a story behind each person, and I look forward to the opportunity to get to know some of them this school year.
3)LAST NIGHT I SAW BRAD PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the Toronto Film Festival and last night was the Premiere of Brad's new movie. (yes that's right, we're on first name basis now.) A bunch of us went down to "stargaze" and found the streets lined with hundreds of people...mostly girls. Krista and I ingeniously found some rails pretty high up, at the back of the crowd. We balanaced, straddled between the two rails with one foot on each, for A WHOLE HOUR waiting for him to arrive. The cameras and papparazzi were all there, the red carpet was ready, and finally the sleek black car pulled up to the Roy Thompson Hall. Out came Brad, to the sound hundreds of people screaming his name and taking pictures. Very surreal. Brad Pitt is one human being, who neither knows or cares about anyone in the audience, yet we were all there just to see him. Not even talk to him, just simply catch a glimpse! It's scary how much the media has intensified the worship of man. We are all hungering for perfection, because we know deep inside that it exists. Sadly, many people do not acknowledge that absolute perfection is found in God, and so they look for a substitute. Physically, Brad Pitt is closer to perfection than most of us (!) and so he is elevated and "worshipped" by thousands.
(By the way, he puts on a TERRIBLE British accent!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That was fun, wasn't it? We totally have to go downtown again soon. I love hanging out with you guys! Hey, why don't we go to Olde Spagehetti Factory for dinner? We could even hop the ferry to Algonquin Island too for a walk after if the weather was nice enough...Hmmm. Gotta love TO. Tons to do and see!

Oh, and thanks again for letting me bunk at your place. I got a great sleep and I love the fact that I got to walk to church. (I love to walk!)

Nice pic, by the way. And it is weird how people react to celebreties. (Hope I spelled that right!)

Ciao!

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Hannah, dahhhhling,

Last night was hilarious! I love, love, LOVE how you can turn anything into an adventure. I won't forget standing on the handrails, barefoot, for an hour waiting for Brad to arrive, balancing and discussing how superficial and shallow it is for people to hang around just to catch a glimpse of a PERSON... Of course, Antonette joining us and yelling "THAT'S MY MAN!" topped it off, as well as that nice stranger who helped us find better spots on the rail to stargaze so we could get the best view!

Who shall we stalk out next? Mwa ha ha...

Krista

10:38 p.m.  
Blogger Hofman said...

Helluuuu!
I was about ready to freak out on you for drooling over Brad Pitt but then you redeemed yourself with a bashing session. That's my girl. BRING DOWN THE ESTABLISHMENTS! Speaking of which it would seem this institution I attend it AGAINST me these days oh wait, they've never been for me.
Love you!!!!
Elea

8:00 p.m.  
Blogger Smash said...

HANNAH!
that is hilarious. I actually know TWO OTHER PEOPLE who were there too and documented the proof of BP's actual human reality (and good looking-ness if not being-ness... I'm still mad about the Jen thing). Not to make you feel less special. Very fun!
From,
Ashley.
PS. if you want to compare notes, see Brier's page, then link over to Nic or to Heather. Heather's is particularly silly and funny :)

2:01 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you wasted your time "stargazing" - I thought you were better than that!



And I think your British accent is terrible! ;)

4:48 p.m.  
Blogger Alex Simpson said...

must have been fun, ......girls and brad pit...???

2:35 p.m.  
Blogger Bethybu said...

Hey Lovie- I have just read your comment on Drews blog- and it made me smile because I wanted to be a gypsy too when I was a wee lass! I would put on a headscarf, put rings of orange peel in my ears to look like gold hoops, and make posies of blossom of our tree in our garden to put in my basket and sell it to my naighbours in the street for 10p each! you are right about the romanticised perspective!
This memory reminded me further of the tragedy of the fact that we were not friends during our childhood! We must have has simular imaginations! It was not meant to be, but we aure made up for some of the lost childish fun on thetis! maybe our kids will play gypsies together?

6:55 a.m.  
Blogger Amie said...

Sounds like you had fun. When I saw him I was on my own which made it a lot less fun and I just stood there looking like and idiot when he talked to me, I don't even think I said anything back I was well and truly star struck, I think I'd have fallen off the railing if I'd been with you.

7:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Brad Pitt?

4:49 a.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

HANNAH!!! How are you? Just in case you weren't aware, September is over. Time for an update!! Hope school is going so well. Check ya!

3:26 p.m.  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-23keyun
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ugg boots sale
uggs on sale
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet
retro 11
michael kors handbags
discount ugg boots
cheap oakleys
uggs for sale
giuseppe zanotti outlet
ugg outlet store
ray-ban sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
ugg boots sale
cheap uggs sale
louis vuitton purses
jordan 11s
oakley sunglasses wholesale
uggs for chea
louis vuitton handbags
the north face jackets
prada
tods outlet store
louis vuitton outlet stores
hollister clothing
abercrombie
michael kors outlet
cheap toms shoes
gucci handbags
kids lebron shoes
uggs on sale
north face jackets
air max 95
coach factory outlet
rolex watches
uggs on sale
official coach factory outlet
abercrombie
louis vuitton outlet stores

8:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home