Thursday, June 29, 2006

Blessed Assurance

I haven't written for a while. Sometimes I stop and think about the different people that read this blog, from different parts of my life, and how difficult it is to write something that spans all of you, in which I remain consistent in who I am. The other day in church an entirely random man came up to me and said "Are you Hannah, the one with the blog?" He had somehow stumbled upon it and read it. It made me think though, I have no idea who is reading this, and I think it is a good challenge to be consistent in all areas of my life, to the point that I am comfortable with anyone reading this.

I fly to BC in the morning, to Capernwray on Thetis Island, for 6 wonderful weeks of being on staff for "Holiday bible weeks" (family camp) I am really looking forward to being there, it's one of my favourite places on earth and in many ways, my spiritual reference point. I have dear friends there and can't wait to spend time with them again.

It's been a draining couple of weeks in many ways, with first Steve Kruger from Capernwray dying very suddenly, and then Alfie, one of the Jr High boys in our youth group, passing away on Sunday morning; also a huge shock. It's made me desire to be far more intentional in spending time with those I love and having meaningful conversation, saying what I want to say and making sure they know what they mean to me. I have been really unsettled inside this week every time I've said goodbye to somebody, because I've realized, in a deeper sense, the vulnerability and fragility of life. Even the most youthful and heathliest of lives.
"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine."
It is a blessed assurance indeed to know that both of these precious people can say with confidence that Jesus is theirs. They are now in his presence, hallelujah!

All for now, I will try and update while in BC.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kristine Brown said...

Indeed. I feel the same way. Lord willing I will see you on Saturday ... I'm very much looking forward to it. Remember Jesus.

7:11 p.m.  
Blogger Hofman said...

As far as blogging is considered I don't think it matters who reads it. What you write is an expression of who you are and what's going on in your mind and heart. Better to write for yourself than others, although at times these blogs serve as our life "updates".
Hope you arrived safely in BC. I'm thinking of you. You have my love!
Elea

5:14 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

Simply brilliant, another worth-wile read. Your blogs to me, are very much like waiting for the latest news from U2 or Coldplay's website! Such a thrill and joy to read!

10:25 p.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Your smile and all that "Hannah energy" is going to be greatly missed over the summer, but I still hope that you have a wonderful time away and that the Lord keeps you safe. It just won't be the same around Peoples without you!

Lots of love and God bless,

Amy

1:08 a.m.  
Blogger Beth said...

hannah,
your apt feels so empty without you and I've realized how much you looked out for me and took care of me whenever I stayed there...you're very much more than a cousin to me, but also a best friend...I hope you know that..have fun at capes, I envy you..that place holds onto a big piece of my heart but I'm so glad you get to go and do what you love..I miss you. love,
beth

2:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Hannah, you are such a writer. I LOVED David's comment, so true! I will miss you're kindred spirit and your level of energy when we are together.
Have fun at Capenwray, make it all that you want it to be and more, my friend.
Love & miss you already,
Tracey

4:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah: i just e-mail u but i went to the blogger sit...i did not know how much u meant being in Vancouver...some of your friends had passed away...my hearts goes out with u and i'm truly sorry!

With all my prayers and love as a true friendship,

Dan

10:33 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I miss you
When you come home, we gotta hang out. Sorry we haven't yet this summer.
We will.
k?
Ben

2:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Sotheby's pasadena ca detailed+gps+car+navigation Facelift in a jar Plastic toy ants Fiat ulysse roll cage chat webcam amateurs Taboo adult comics teacher Tgp fat bbw http://www.m2-pilates.info http://www.description-life-insurance.info/auto_commercial_florida_insurance.html degrees Bmw 2007 3 series coupe Nude photos of hot asians afton oklahoma aston martin cars for sale Information on incorporating hairy pussy galleries hairy women pussy com

6:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

2:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home