Saturday, March 19, 2005

Mary Magdelene

I'm playing Mary Magdelene in the good friday production at church this week. If this is possible, I've fallen more in love with Jesus through studying her, particularly the way he treated her, and It's also been so good just being in the gospels. I just wonder what it must have been like to follow Jesus around on earth, in Galilee; to watch his miracles and witness his gentle love for each person. To observe the way he never rose to an argument and the way he depended completely upon his heavenly father in everything. What humility, what a messiah we have. When Jesus rose again, the first person he revealed himself to was Mary Magdelene. She was crying, he didn't rush over and tell her everything was OK, he was here now; all he did was from a distance, calmly stand and say "Mary" He acknowledged two things in that moment; one, that he KNEW her, and two that they were in a relationship. I wonder if sometimes like MAry, I don't recognize Jesus through my tears, I don't hear him calling my name, so gently, so lovingly.....so near to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home